Wednesday, September 28, 2011

floral oil infusions





Organic Red Rose petals.
Organic Calendula blossoms.
Organic Lavender flowers.
Organic Castor Oil.
Sunlight.
Love.
Patience.
~~And a bit of magic

(Also infusing on my windowsill are single flower or herbal oils:
Organic Calendula blossoms in Organic Sunflower Oil
Organic Elder Flower flowers in Organic Sunflower Oil
Organic Plantain Leaves in Organic Sunflower Oil)


Infused Oils are so divine, so effective and so very gentle. Lightly fragranced yet completed imbued with the healing properties of each petal or leaf. The method I choose for infusion is considered the Folk Method, or Solar Infusion. To me it's both logically and intuitively the wisest way to infuse oils. Some herbs and flowers (like rose) are so very delicate that I'm sure applying any heat other than that of our dear star sun would be just too much.

What shall we do with these beautiful oils? Oohhh... the fairies of Seelie Court urge me to use them to create beautifying potions.

I think I shall.

~d

No comments:

Post a Comment